Important MTO Considerations
Before you place an MTO shelf order, please consider the following items.
Confirm All Dimensions Before Ordering
These orders go directly to our Amish partners, so it is very important that you confirm all dimensions and stud placement before ordering. Once the order is submitted, we are not able to make any changes or cancel the order.
MTO Shelves Are Non-Refundable
As these shelves are made to order, they are not returnable and they are not refundable.
Measure Your Wall Studs Before Ordering
The backs of the shelves are routed for standard stud spacing. This allows the brackets to hit studs that are 16” apart on center (from the center of one stud to the center of the next stud). These routs allow the shelf to sit flush against the wall. Some homes have studs that are spaced differently.
It is very important that you confirm your stud placement before placing your order.
We are able to rout at specific locations for your stud placement at no extra charge, but you must do two things for us to be able to do that:
1) Contact us before placing the order.
2) Add the approved stud location measurements to the Special Instructions on your order before the order is placed. Once the order is placed it cannot be changed, so please be sure to do both of these things!
Learn more about measuring wall stud placement in your home.
Shelf Appearance Can Vary
Like any standard wood furniture, shelves are sometimes made of more than one piece of wood glued together to obtain a particular depth. This prevents warping or bowing of deeper shelves.
Often there will be varying grain patterns and character on each shelf. There will be times when the different pieces of wood used take the torching and/or stains differently, based on the grain pattern.
All natural grain patterns may vary from shelf to shelf. Please see examples of this in the product pictures. They are each unique and beautiful, so your Made To Order shelves are truly one of a kind!
MTO Shelf Lead Time
Please allow for a 3-4 week lead time for Made to Order shelves.
Order your Made To Order Shelves today with these easy steps!
- First, please read all of the important info above.
- Decide the length of the shelves that you’ll need.
- Measure the wall studs in the room you plan to install your shelves; learn how to find wall stud measurements in your home.
- If you need specific rout locations contact us to have them approved.
- Place your order, being sure to add notes in the Special Instructions section to indicate the approved rout locations. As a reminder, specific rout locations MUST be approved before you place your order. If you place your order without having your stud locations approved, your order may be subject to cancellation.
As always, please reach out with any questions. We’re always happy to help!